Keto Friendly Gobi Recipe – Creamy Gobi Mash
Gobi/Cauliflower is a versatile food ingredient. A lot of recipes can be made from this healthy vegetable. This recipe is for a delicious gobi mash that even children love to eat.
Cauliflower is a good source of choline, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese and other healthy stuff. It’s also a great source of dietary fiber, an important part of the keto diet. Gobi offers many meal options like steamed cauliflower, cauliflower rice, etc. that really help boost the number of dishes you can prepare while on keto.
I add some cream cheese, garlic and butter to this mash recipe to really liven up the flavours as gobi isn’t a very pleasant flavour on its own.
This recipe also makes for a brilliant accompaniment with vegetables, salads and meats.
Serving size: 2 people
Prep & Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 big cauliflower head(800g)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil – only use high quality, extra virgin olive oil like this one
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
|Of which saturated||15||grams|
|Of which sugars||17||grams|
1 serving is: 266.5 kcals, 30g fats, 22.1g carbs, 9g proteins
- Wash and clean the cauliflower into small pieces. This will help it steam faster and more consistently.
- Steam the cauliflower for 5-10 minutes until it is soft. You could also boil it but don’t leave it in for too long!
- While waiting for the cauliflower, chop the clove of garlic and leave it to air for a bit. Garlic releases its flavor when cut, so give it some time to get its full flavor.
- Take out the cauliflower and leave it to cool for a minute.
- Smash the cauliflower using a fork until there are no hard bits.
- Add butter and olive oil and continue mashing.
- Finally add the cream cheese and garlic. Mix well.
- Serve it hot in two bowls. Add some salt and pepper for flavor.
Recipe Add Ons:
- Melt some Parmesan cheese and top the cauliflower mash.
- Add some chicken cubes for more protein
- Add a small amount of garam masala for a spicier, tangy mash.
This recipe is delicious and filling. I don’t even have to tell my non-keto friends that it’s healthy, they’ll eat it just because it’s so good. Don’t be afraid of the carbs in the cauliflower. Most of it is dietary fibre which is good for you.